This piece was in MAJOR need of love and attention! It took me about two weeks from start-to-finish, involving elbow grease, sweat, a few frustration tears and I'm not going to lie, my hands ended up bloody a couple of times. I ended up chipping off all of the veneer on the top and sides (exhausting!), using a hair dryer to get some of the stubborn glue off, then I sanded, sanded and sanded it some more. When it was finally ready for paint, I primed it then layered it with GF Milk Paint. I did a base coat in Snow White and then added two top coats in Basil. After I finished painting it, I distressed it and sealed it twice with GF High Performance Top Coat in Satin. This was the first piece I painted with GF Milk Paint, and I fell in love with it!! All of the frustation and hard work paid off because it turned out so beautiful in the end!